March 24, 2010

300

Here is the the second half of my 300th Post Extravaganza. Today, it's all about the ladies representin' and asking questions of me...

First up is Pamela from The Dayton Time. She and I first crossed paths over soap nuts. I kid you not. She quickly became one of my favorites. Pamela and her husband The Mister are making a run to be the next Jon and Heather Armstrong.

Pamela’s Question: I would like to know if you, yourself, have ever fried sausage in bacon grease?

My Answer: Honestly, reading this question, let alone envisioning the prospect, made me dry heave a little bit and caused my cholesterol to shoot through the roof. This also sounds dangerous. All I'm sayin' is I hope Pamela and The Mister were fully clothed when they attempted this culinary feat. I mean, think of the splatter in unfortunate places people.Tracy of Kaply, Inc. and I go back well over three years. She’s sarcastic, feisty and awesome all wrapped up in one hot package. She describes herself as witty, humorous and almost creepy. Honey, I couldn't agree more.

Tracy’s Question: What or who was it that made you start blogging? Did you read others before you began writing?

My Answer: Like everyone else, I set out to be a blogger because I heard it would clear up my skin and bring me instant fame and fortune. Sadly, only one of those things has happened since I began writing on the internet. I had no idea that I would find such a wonderful network of people whom I consider close friends even though some of us have never met face to face. Too bad, you should really see my skin up close. It’s soft and supple now, or as Henry calls it, “squishy”.

Jen of Blissfully Caffeinated and I found each other four years ago. She has given me friendship, joy, coupons and some questionable birthday greetings over that time period. If you ask her what I’ve given her, I’m sure she’d tell you that I’ve given her a complex and an unsightly rash.

Jen’s Question: Can I be your sister wife? Also? From one curly headed gal to another, what hair product/routine do you use to tame that mane? How did you and Jeremy meet?

My Answer: Phew! Jen sure is curious isn’t she? Well, I am always searching out additional sister wife. So, welcome aboard. Girlfriend, I look forward to braiding your hair after our delicious casserole dinner.

As for my hair? It’s simple. Minimal shampoos, maximum leave-in conditioners and I love, love my diffuser. I use an old jersey t-shirt to towel dry my hair so as to not break the natural curl pattern and I pray every night before bed to the picture I have of Diana Ross, the Patron Saint of Curly Hair, to have a good hair day the next day.

And as for how Jeremy and I met? Well, like most couples, we met at work when he caught me making multiple copies of Diana Ross’ picture on the office copier. In order to distract him, I asked him on a date to Lagoon (a local amusement park). He said Maybe. I laughed and said, No really, what time are we going? We ended up hitting it off and kept our “romance” a secret from everyone but a few people in management. When we mailed out our wedding announcements, I kid you not, most people at work thought it was a joke. They couldn’t understand what a quiet, intelligent guy like Jeremy was doing with a quirky, frizzy chick like me.

We had a massive turn out at our wedding from the office folks. I think they came just to see if Jeremy would actually go through with it.

Thank you to everyone who participated in my questions and thank you for reading me. It means more to me than you know.

25 comments:

unmitigated me said...

I love you, Steenky
Oh yes I do
I love you Steenky
and I'll be true
When you're not blogging
We're blue!
Oh Steenky, I love you!

unmitigated me said...

*snicker* First! But only because I am laying in bed trying to get my back to calm the hell down. Other people have jobs.

Pamela said...

Did I say we had fried sausage in bacon grease? Because I can't remember. Not sure how or why that made you dry heave, because it sounds freaking fantabulous.

Jenni said...

You know, I thought Diana Ross was the patron saint of Surviving.

Jenni said...

I stand corrected.

Irish Gumbo said...

Is it possible to give someone a "sightly" rash?

And quirky is good, right?

Good post, although I was just a teensy bit disappointed that there was no "This...is...SPARTA!!! reference. I'm willing to let that go, though ;)

Dee at Pedestrian Palate said...

Quiet, intelligent guys and quirky, frizzy girls make the best couples.

And being that this post is named 300, where's the beauty shot of Gerard Butler in his spartan skirt, with his sweat-glazed abs, glistening in the sun?

Sprite's Keeper said...

"Thank you for reading me".
Sounds kinda dirty, huh? :-)

Captain Dumbass said...

Last month's National Geographic had an article about some hill tribes in Central America that worship your hair.

{Jesica Huffaker} said...

Oh how I've missed you... welcome back!

Ms. Salti said...

The girls and I are going as sister wives for Halloween... and my Gay BFF is going to be "the man." Y'all can join us if you'd like!

justmakingourway said...

I just want to say that I'm so very happy to have found you out of all the blogs on the interwebs. If you ever leave us again we are all coming to Utah for an intervention!

blissfully caffeinated said...

Um yes, Gumbo, it is in fact possible to have a "sightly" rash. I have one now. It's quite fetching.

Thanks for the hair tips, I shall put them to good use. Just take my advice and stay away from the cleansing conditioners. You'll never get the product buildup out of your hair.

Jenni, I believe Diana is actually the patron saint of Dirty Dancing, but I could be wrong.

Can't wait to move in and start perfecting our tater tot casserole recipe. You rock.

Love, Jannnypher (that's the sister wife spelling of my name, I haven't changed it on my ss card yet. I'll do that after the move to Utah.)

bejewell said...

How the hell did I miss this? An opportunity wasted! Because you KNOW I would have asked you some seriously messed up shit. Probably better for both of us, really.

Mrsbear said...

Is it bad that the thought of sausage in bacon grease set off a Pavlovian response?

Everything is better in bacon grease.

Happy 300 part 2 - Electric Boogaloo.

Anonymous said...

I can't agree more with MAW- whey you don't post, I get all twitchy and anxious.

Michele said...

The blogger community is the best. When I moved I felt like I just brought my friends with me.

Do you need a grandma wife? That just didn't come out right.

The Mayor said...

Keep on truckin sister.
Got any bloggy mojo to spare?

I used to be funny, now I'm blah.

Erin@TheLocalsLoveIt said...

A jersey shirt huh? I'm going to have to try that. Frizzy and I don't go well together.

ME... said...

lol...nice blog..funny and engaging!!!

Vodka Mom said...

I MISSED THE PARTY??????

damn.



:-)

April said...

i was clicking through all your links and forgot what i was going to say. eesh. um. have i mentioned that I CANNOT WAIT TO MEET YOU?!

GreenJello said...

I think you should post casserole recipes for your 301st.

Casey said...

Well I for one can't wait to touch your soft, supple... skin in NYC. That didn't sound so creepy in my head.

dubai apartments said...

We just couldnt leave your website before saying that we really enjoyed the quality information you offer to your visitors… Will be back often to check up on new stuff you post!