March 22, 2010

299

Today marks my 299th post. Not very impressive if you count the fact that I've been blogging for 4 years. I wish I could say it's all about quality, not quantity, but who am I kidding? You've read my stuff. It's not quality.

I decided to call upon my oldest bloggy friends, the ones I first met on the interweb and asked them to help a sister out. I asked each blogger to send me a question, any question, and I would answer it on site to commemorate my 300th post milestone. As is typical, my responses are a bit wordy, so I've divided this post into two portions. The sacred 300 will be up later in the week.

1. The first question comes from one of my dearest friends, Captain Dumbass of Us and Them. He is the third blogger I ever commented on. The first person ignored me. The second person ignored me WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE. (I still haven’t gotten over that one.) But the Captain? He replied right back and the rest is history.

Captain’s Question: Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Osmond family?

My Answer: All Utahans can either trace their lineage directly to an Osmond or they become what is known as a “Naturalized Osmond”. This event happens unknowingly when you cross the county line into Utah County, childhood home of Donny and Marie.

Of course, if you can directly trace your lineage to either side of the Osmond family (you’re either a little bit country or a little bit rock-n-roll), you are considered sort of pseudo royalty here in the land of Zion.

2. The amazing Kat of 3 Bedroom Bungalow was my first girl bloggy friend. I may have loved her too hard because she found it necessary to pick up her family and move across the pond to a foreign country to get away from me. Le Sigh.

Kat’s Question: What are the best and worst parts about living in Utah?

My Answer: I would say the worst part is the fact that it is still not legal to own a monkey or even transport a monkey in the state of Utah. But I hear the State Legislature is going to debate this soon in an upcoming joint session so, let’s hear it for the primates, people.

The best part of about living in Utah would have to be what I call the “3 Ms”; Mommy Bloggers, Mountains and, *fingers crossed*, one day, Monkeys.

3. During our first email correspondence, Jen Cohen, aka, Sprite’s Keeper, told me she didn’t think there was enough room for two Jen’s on the internet. In reality, she is the sweetest person out there.

Jen’s Question: If you had to give up one part of your body, appendage, organ, whatever, be creative! what would it be and how would you get along without it?

My Answer: I don’t think I could voluntarily give up any body part. I’ve got 20 pounds I’m looking to lose, but you can’t give those things away. Believe me, I’ve tried.

4. I found Jen Pompi of Oscarelli while stalking a very windy blog (you know the one). Her avatar picture and her witty comments over there caught my eye. I just had to be friends with her.

Oscarelli’s Question: What is the one thing that Steenky readers don't know about you that would surprise them?

My Answer: Remember my whole “I can’t dance very well” post where I graphically showed you that I couldn’t dance?

Well, that’s only partly true. Oh, I have the worse white girl overbite when I shake my money maker in da club, but I was actually quite an accomplished trained dancer in my younger years. I was involved ballet, jazz, tap, and gymnastics ages 4 thru 22. I competed in several national dance championships both individually and as part of a team. (My mom has a trophy wall!) After I finished my "dancing career", I went on to harshly judge both team and individual dance competitions. I hoped that my career as a judge would land me lucrative endorsements, or at the very least bribery money from desperate stage moms, but all I received was minimal compensation and the realization that when someone works gun fingers into a routine I will give you extra points every time.

So jazz hands? Yeah, I got wicked jazz hands.

Questions 5, 6 and 7 will be up later in the week. Thanks for tuning in even though I've been out for a little bit!

32 comments:

Kristina P. said...

So, you diss me on Saturday, and then you diss me on cyberspace? How did I not receive an email? I mean, I've only known you for about 10 months, but whatever!

unmitigated me said...

This is a great way to commemorate a big post. The whole Jen thing? There are so many blogging Jens, Jenns, and Jennys, I thought it was a requirement. Which would explain why Captain Dumbass is always begging, "Call me Jennifer!"
Heathers, too.

unmitigated me said...

Notice I'm not whining about not being among your first. *sniff*

Deb said...

-->Hilarious questions and responses. I would hate to see pictures of me "dancing" because I know I look like Elaine from Seinfeld but ohhhhhhh the fun I have....

~deb

Tara@Sticky Fingers said...

Yeah, thanks for Kat (3 Bed Bung). We love here here in Engerland. You're not having her back x

justmakingourway said...

You know all of us are gonna be, "maaaan - how come I didn't get asked a question?!? Huh? Huh? Like we love you less then those people? Pfft.

Seriously though, great accomplishment. Yay, 300!

Unknown said...

Excellent post. While I'm new to the World of the Steenky Bee (sorry, should that be uncapitalized?) I love your posts. You're not afraid of much. Like Dumbasses, big hair and people who live in England.

That's cool :)

Jamie said...

My monkey and I are pointing in the general direction of Utah (that's west, yes?) and laughing right now.

Jenni said...

Awesome post!

*shooting finger guns*

Cajoh said...

You're just one post away from 300! Your "Jen" dilemma reminds me of the many iterations of Laura I have known over the years… Laura Lara Laurna Lori just to name a few.

I'm just starting to feel like "Old guard" since I've seen a lot of great bloggers fade and yet I'm still ticking.

Congratulations!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Hey, I am ALL about the primates! Primacy for primates, people!

Kendra said...

Yay for 299! And I hope one day you can be lucky and see a monkey in Utah!

Connie said...

I need to be a Naturalized Osmond. It think this is what is missing from my life.

Mrsbear said...

300 more! Although no monkey babies dressed as children swinging on the playground and shrieking at joggers kind of makes me sad for Utah.

You should not walk away from your blog again, ever. :)

Captain Dumbass said...

I'm going to use a finger gun in my next interview. Just in case.

blissfully caffeinated said...

Ummm, you did see that very special "A Chimpanzee Ripped My Face Off" episode of Oprah, right? I'm just sayin'. Also, let us not forget Sigfried, Roy and killer whales.

Love you. And MAW, I think she's saving the best for last. ;)

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

Clearly I don't even need to point out that I did not receive an email(I'm offended), but you totally ditched me on Saturday! Shame on you and all your household!

And congratulations on post 299.

Michele said...

Happy 300th!

Great idea for a quasi holiday. Can I get a day off for it?

Having lived in Arizona, the younger and less fortunate step-child of Utah, I know that everyone in Utah is only two degrees from the Osmonds.

Mc Allen said...

wow 299, not very impressive. I have you on my scroll bar and have become very dissapointed in you. I have even talked a little trash to your post, just sitting there a month old, taunting me... So, yay. Congrats. Also, I am a little curious now about wheather is is leagal to have monkeys in OK. Thanks for that. Great questions by your fellow bloggers. Im sure Im going to have a chance to reread them about 29 more times, so I didnt really pay that close of attention to your answers. But yay, your an Osmond. I see the resemblance. Sorry about your cousin. Im sure the family will miss him terribly... xoxo LA

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I'm so glad you started blogging.

Who are you again?

:-)

Jamie said...

Ok, wait one minute. No monkeys allow in Utah?? What the?

Well, then I can't move there and that is a shame because you know I was *really* considering it. The family is there. The Ohno is there and you are there but I needed a monkey to make the deal happen. Damn you, Utahians (is that right???) and your stupid monkey hating laws.

Melanie said...

I remember your dancing face post!! Also loved the shot of your boy making the same face!!!!

Laura - Are We Nearly There Yet Mummy? said...

In my opinion owning and transporting a monkey are both overrated ... and I remember crying as I read the 'dance' post. You made me weep.

Logical Libby said...

I have met and touched Marie Osmond. I think it means I am going to live forever.

Jess said...

LOVE IT! Congrats on your 300th post! WOOT!

April said...

jazz hands are pretty awesome. they'll beat the fist pump any day.

Erin@TheLocalsLoveIt said...

I laugh everytime I read/hear "joint session".

Turn up the reggae baby and let's party.

So, you were sorta like Paula Abdul back in the day?

The Mayor said...

So, when I think of you I will conjure up the vision of a jazz handed dancer, wild hair flying all while giving a screeching spider monkey a piggy back ride.

Anonymous said...

I rarely, if ever read blogs out loud to my husband because he's usually working, and I don't want to stress him out. Well tonight, I just had to break the rule, and he cracked up. Way to go Stinky Bee!

Dr Zibbs said...

I can totally tell you can dance given those faces.

Ms. Salti said...

Jeez, I thought I'd missed a post or two but I guess you've been MIA again.

Love the post.... congrats on such a fabu accomplishment. The jazz hands, that is.

Haddock said...

Like those expressions.