May 7, 2007

Liar! Liar!

The Great Serpant
Henry is a liar! A few days ago, my alert neighbor and Henry's crush, Michelle, notified me that there was a snake under my car in our driveway. Hearing this, Henry got all excited and just had to see the snake. It ended up being a very small, very fast water snake (about 12 inches long, and as big around as my pinkie finger). So, picture two women, shreiking at this fast and slithering thing and a 2-year old trying to chase it. Well, this beast was far too crafty for the three of us, so help had to be called in for the job in the form of Michelle's husband, Paul.

Paul reluctantly arrived on the scene only after we exaggerated the size and aggressiveness of the snake. After he finished laughing at us, he quickly gathered up the snake and brought it over for our inspection. I tried to get Henry to pet it, but he was having NO PART of that! He recoiled and clung to me for dear life. I even touched it a few times to see that if that would coax him. Nuh-uh!

After thanking Paul for "saving our life", Henry and I went back inside the house. Henry then immediately went to his cubby where he keeps all his rubber and wooden snakes and played with them for the rest of the evening.

The next day when Jeremy got home, I overheard Henry telling Jeremy how he "petted the snake" and he "caught 'em". I corrected him and told him that he didn't even want to touch the snake. However, Henry insisted he had "petted" that thing. I've also heard Henry and Michelle talking about the events of that day and every time, he says he helped Paul "petted the snake" and "get 'em".

The great snake hunter


Looking for more snakes?

No comments: