I was tagged this past week like crazy. I don't remember having this much physical contact with anyone since Jeremy and I thought it would be fun to train for Ninja Warrior last spring. Bare with me folks, I've got three memes to get out of the way.
Meme Number 1
Miss Jack over at Spyrou Family Chronicles recently tagged me for the personal history meme. At first, I was hesitant to play along because I was just recently tagged. However, when she used the term “awesomesauce” in an email to me I couldn’t help but be instantly hooked. I KNOW! How have I gone my entire life and not heard of this term, awesomesauce? I was in the middle of a board meeting when I received her awesomesauce email. I laughed out loud. This didn’t go over to well with the others in the meeting. When it was time to vote, instead of offering a “Yay” or “Nay” I shouted “Awesomesauce!” I was then escorted out of the meeting. (Can you believe how many times I worked my new favorite word into one paragraph? Yeah, me either.
My good friend, DeeMarie (aka The Dancing Cookie) over at My Life in a Nutshell tagged me last night. I read her list and fell in love with her even more. Who knew there was such a thing as a biscuit chef? I wasn't hesitant at all to follow through with DeeMarie's request. I do anything she tells me to.
When Ginger Snaps also tagged me for this meme as well. Although she never made mention of the word awesomesauce, I’ll have to give her the benefit of the doubt that she’s never heard of it before.
The rules: Answer the following questions about yourself. Mention and link to the person that tagged you. Tag five more people and let them know that they have been tagged. Let the person who tagged you know that you have completed the meme by posting in their comments section.
10 years ago I was:
1. Unaware that the word “google” would one day be commonplace in my vocabulary but not in a dirty way
2. Unafraid of eating a banana in public. I just know better now.
3. Dreaming about the joy children would one day bring into my life
4. Naïve about how these very same children would test my sanity every day
5. Obsessed with Monica-gate. I so wanted that blue dress from the Gap. (dry cleaned, of course)
Five things on today’s to do list:
1. Pressure people into using Twitter. (I’m looking at you Margie and Casey. I already forced Heather.)
2. Feel badly about pressuring people to use Twitter
3. Crank call Steve Jobs and tell him that my iPhone sucks
4. Find a phone to crank call Steve Jobs with since mine has apparently exploded
5. Stalk Stiletto Mom but in a casual, breezy sort of way. That way if she catches me, I could just say “What? I was here first.”
Five snacks I enjoy:
1. All the fattening ones
3. Henry’s feet
4. Reesie’s ears
5. Jeremy’s neck
Five things I would do if I were a millionaire
1. Get some plastic surgery (and by some, I mean lots)
2. Buy a new iPhone
3. Eat a bunch of In-n-Out Burger
4. Buy up every copy of Karate Kid and burn them all (Sorry Ralph)
5. Start an apple sauce conglomerate to manufacture my new product called Awesomesauce
Five places I have lived:
1. In fear that I would never have children
2. In the moment
3. Fearful for my life
4. In embarrassment
5. In heart-racing anticipation
Five jobs I have had:
Meme Number 2
Ron over at Clark Kent’s Lunchbox and Wendy at Notes from the Sleep Deprived tagged me on virtually the same day for this one. Now, you may remember that I was recently tagged in a similar meme just a few weeks ago, but in the spirit of unspectacular (which I strive to be every day), I am giving you yet another peek into all my lameness.
Rules: List five to seven unspectacular things about yourself. Link to the person that tagged you. Tag five to seven other unsuspecting souls and let them know that they are “it”. Post a comment to the person that tagged you letting them know you have fulfilled your tagging duties.
Seven Unspectacular Things about Jen:
1. I have eaten a BLT for dinner twelve out of the last fourteen days. Weird huh? Yeah, I don’t know what I was thinking eating tacos those two other days. I have no explanation for my behavior other than we have several generous neighbors who have tomato plants.
2. I despise the words “ointment”, “probe” and “moist”. Feel free to draw your own conclusions.
3. Whenever Jeremy picks up a lottery ticket, I am continually surprised that we don’t win.
4. I am obsessed with professional baseball. It is everything I am about: statistics, strategy and the slow-paced build up that something very cool could happen at any minute. I honestly have a heart attack watching a live game. Fun fact: Jeremy flew us to see a Yankee vs. Mariner’s game in Seattle a few years back. I insisted we go early for batting practice. I stood there watching A-Rod hit ball and after ball and just cried to myself. Not because I love A-Rod, but because I had already missed Bernie Williams at his practice.
5. I don’t like bacon. This is vexing since I’ve eaten all those BLTs.
6. I am tall. I’m 5’9”.
7. I lie. I’m actually 5’8.5”. Sorry.
Meme Number 3 (Last one, I promise)
My new friends, Colepack and Supervised Mama tagged me this weekend for a photo meme. Their touch was firm yet gentle. I was very pleased. But, I fear that next time either one tags me, it might be a little more of a b*tch slap because I’m cheating. In this meme, you’re supposed to go to your fourth photo folder and pick the fourth photo file to post on your site. You then give a brief description of what’s going on in that photo.
Well, when I did this, I found some interesting pictures of Jeremy and a girl he insists is just a cousin. Funny, why was his cousin wearing a bikini and why all the kissing in a smoke filled room? What was he doing with all those one dollar bills? And this cousin, Khandi Kane, why doesn't she own a decent handbag? I’m sure those bills he's putting in her bikini bottoms are just going to fall out the minute she climbs off his lap.
I decided to post this picture instead:
This was taken yesterday morning in our front yard. You may have heard that Utah received a sprinkling of snow this weekend. We didn't. We were dumped on. Henry jumped up and down and screamed that Santa was coming soon. Oh, it's bound to be a long fall here in the Rockies.
I am so not tagging anyone this go around. You can all breath a sigh of relief. Unless, of course, you want to be tagged. In that case, get to it!
*PROGRAMMING NOTE*: This week is sort of Adoption Week at Steenky Bee. Most of my other posts will have a thread of adoption common to each one. A few of them might be a little serious. I know. This has never been attempted at The Bee. Most of them, however, will be filled with the sarcastic nonsense that I hide behind.
In case you didn't know already, both our our little Bees (Henry and Reese) were adopted. During the week, I'll link you back to a few stories I've already posted about them.