August 28, 2008

Working Out For Each Other

For a while now, Jeremy and I have been talking about getting serious about getting in shape. For me, this means drinking my kick-ass kale shakes and running on the treadmill at 4:30 am. I’m not joking people. I have two kids to get ready in the morning, plus a head of unruly hair to tame. Add an hour commute in the morning where I spend most of my energy giving dirty looks to other commuters who talk on their cell phones while driving. By necessity, I am an early riser.

For my husband, getting in shape means pumping some iron, shooting hoops and hiking up large mountains foraging and hunting for food. More importantly, it means him claiming he can run a mile at a full sprint on the treadmill and not having me pass out from laughter just thinking about it.

I mentioned to Jeremy a few weeks ago that I thought I should start up my fitness routine once again so I could prepare myself. He was all, what are you preparing yourself for? I told him that I wanted to get my hawt figure back so that if anything ever happened to him I could snag someone to help take care of me and the kids, our two dogs and two cats. The fish can fend for himself.

Jeremy then told me that I shouldn’t bother because he was going to get in shape first, making him hella healthy thus rendering my workout routine totally useless. In fact, he would be so shaped up and waxed up that he’d be fighting off the females ten at a time. We both had a good laugh. After that we got hungry so we ordered a pizza.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waxed up, eh? Tell him to keep up with that -- back stubble can be a real turn-off for those ten females.

Putz said...

now two peple cared enough to write.....early riser, huh...i'm retired and i sleep till 10 every morning

Tuesday Girl said...

Hmm, sounds like my house.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Kat said...

It is like the twilight zone. I had this conversation with my husband a few months ago. He is already in infinitely better shape than I am because he is in the military, but I still feel like I need to keep my girlish figure just in case.

Putz said...

you knoe i believe aliens will walk the earth some day, drink mountain dew and eat jello, and not walk into a restaurant that won't refill on mountain dew immediately

Putz said...

kat, in case of WHAT??

Eternal Sunshine said...

The whole getting up early thing is why I just can't bring myself to excercise. My hubs suggested I do 5 mile on the recumbent bike every evening. HA! Five miles would take me like 45 minutes.

If I eat dinner while on the recumbent, then I'm multi-tasking...

Hmm, this warrants more thought..

Captain Dumbass said...

I'm getting in shape starting September 1st...wait...when's the family bbq? Ok, whenever that is, seriously, the next day. I'm even gonna measure and weigh in. I've already taught my youngest to call me fat for inspiration.

Mmmm...tasty baby...

JuleeSLC said...

Working out and dieting is highly overrated!

Sherendipity said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherendipity said...

That's weird, all of our healthy living and diet/workout conversations end with pizza, too. If there are two households like ours, we must be doing it RIGHT! ;)

(ps. sorry about the above deletion. I haven't had my coffee yet. or pizza.)