March 30, 2010

Tea Baggin', Dancin' and Shaunin'

It's Tuesday and I'm feeling random today. Get on board with Super Keely’s Tuesday’s Random Thoughts. If you're not doing it, you're doing it wrong. Here goes:

Yesterday, my morning Facebook status was Am I the only person who is actually a fan on Mondays? According to my friends that commented, apparently I am. I can't believe how rigorous you all are in your hatred for Mondays. Now, if we could all somehow channel that hatred into something a little more constructive, say like getting rid of pleated pants, well...then I could definitely see myself joining the bandwagon.

Speaking of bandwagons...

Today there is a Tea Bagger Express rally here in Utah. I'd really like to go if for no other reason than to get my face on Fox News and to tell the organizer folks that they should have googled the term "Tea Bagging" a little more thoroughly before they married themselves to the name. Come on people, urbandictionary.com is your friend. Use it.

Certain people have been asking me if I have given up my obsessive crush on Shaun White since I haven't talked about him for a while. Let me address those people directly:

No, Jeremy, I haven't given up on the ridiculous dream (your words, not mine) that Shaun White will stop by our house after a day of hittin' the half-pipe. I will also not give up hope that The Shaun will tell me I make the most delicious chicken curry casserole he's ever tasted and ask if he can move into our basement. It could happen. Think of the income supplementing possibilities here. I'm doing this for our family. Stop being so selfish, Jeremy.

Also, I fully recognize that "hittin' the half-pipe" sounds somewhat dirty, just like "tea bagging" did a few paragraphs ago. Believe me, the irony is not lost on me here.

Another also, this happened at work the other day during a moment of low-productivity.

Actually, this has happened many times during many days. My girl Jessica just happened to capture it on film.

I've wrangled Jeremy into watching Dancing With The Stars (DWTS) with me this season. Every time Evan Lysacek waltzes onto the stage (Get it? Waltzes?) I secretly hope that Evgeni Plushenko and his hipster mullet pirouettes in front of the camera and tries to claim victory over Evan on a reality television show. Not that I don't love The Evan, because, for the love of spray-tanner, I do. He's my pick this season, but I just can't resist beating that joke to death. At the very least, the Evgeni vs Evan DWTS drama would make for an awesome SNL skit.

Well, that's about all I have rattling around in my brain right now. I've been overwhelmed by trying to console Jeremy through the whole Sandra Bullock-Jessie James fiasco. See, besides Susie-Down-The-Street, Sandy is the other girl on his "Kitchen Pass" card for celebrity-neighbor hook-ups.

26 comments:

Captain Dumbass said...

Has Jeremy seen The Proposal yet? If not I HIGHLY recommend it. He can thank me later.

Jess said...

How the heckness does someone NOT know tea bagging? I mean, I can understand if you didn't know what getting a mushroom stamp was, but tea bagging?!? Eh, still hilarious that they use that!

Have I mentioned that I have been published in Urban Dictionary?!?

Well, you can find me here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squeetthang

Simon said...

Mushroom stamp...?!

Simon said...

Just googled it. Hm. The example quoted on urbandictionary.com refers to a 'Jen', as well! Something you want to tell us?

Seriously- good post.

Unknown said...

See, I don't watch that dance show. All I can say is Kate Gosselin as a Star? Really? WTH?

Ali said...

Hey, I like Mondays! But only because it involves a breakfast burrito and a latte from McDonalds.

The Farmers Wife said...

Really I dont mind mondays actually. I prefer to grocery shop monday rather than the weekend when everyone else is out... Beside the point though. I thoroughly enjoyed all the irony in your post. Your geniusness is well appreciated here in the rockies. Keep it up!

The Crazy Coxes said...

I live in a house of all boys. "Tea-Bagging" is a prohibited word along with BMN - because it took me 1 1/2 seconds to realize they were abbreviating "Break My Nuts." are people stupid? Don't answer that.

Happy Tuesday and good luck with Sean! I'm sure he's on his way over!

Bex said...

That picture is classic, Steenky. For reals. I heart it! That's a fun fantasy for Shaun White to move into your basement and all ... but where will Apholo Ono live?

FoN said...

Shaun White, huh? Interesting. How do you feel about Carrot Top?

The Mayor said...

If I had known about your crush months ago I would have mailed you my copy of Inc after I read it! You could have made a pile of them in your basement.

Rode in the elevator at Blissdom with some of the National Tea Party folks, they were all right.Just people.

And they were really excited about the blogging conference, unlike the sanctimonious newspaper reporter who didn't know which group she should make more fun of.

Mike said...

Hello,

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess I can't laugh too hard, my guys didn't understand that a Pitcher/Catcher model isn't always a reference to baseball.

Casey said...

I'm actually a huge fan of Mondays. After weekends with my kids, I'm ecstatic to ship their asses off to school for three hours.

Your Shaun obsession is scary. It wouldn't be if you were obsessed with someone like that Casey chick from HAGAY but nooooo..

Tea bagging skan.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Evgeni coming out to smack him down would be awesome! Whoo-hoo! That man defines arrogance...the Russian...not our dude! :-)

Jeff Tompkins said...

I for one am eternally grateful that the organizers of the teabagger rallies did not investigate the term first.

apathy lounge said...

Personally, I think Shaun White looks even better than he did last year. He's really grown into his "look".

Kristina P. said...

I always giggle when I hear "Tea Bagger." Tee hee.

And I think Shaun White is the poor man's Carrot Top. Which is just sad.

Mrsbear said...

My neighbors are tea baggers, in the Fox-news-watching-republican sense, not in the urban-dictionary-fun-with-testicles sense...although, I really don't know that much about their recreational activities, so I guess you never know...

krista said...

((insert witty reparte from me here)) laugh laugh laugh.

Bejewell said...

I didn't think "hittin' the half-pipe" sounded dirty, at least not until you said so. And now I'm a little ashamed of myself for not catching it sooner.

No, I thought it sounded like he was high. Which, let's face it, he probably is. Right now.

Murr Brewster said...

Oh man, I never thought of it. Now every time I see a Republican dangling a tea bag for the cameras, I'm going to check his stance. On the issues, say.

Kingsmom said...

Monday's are for teabagging.

Paula said...

I guess people don't understand that your love for Shaun is so vast, you can't talk about it all the time, because of the heart hurt from his absence and so forth.

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

I had no idea the true meaning of tea bagging. Your blog is just a wealth of information and I always learn something new when I come here. Sometimes it's disturbing, but always something new. ;o)

dubai apartments said...

I also love dancing and I liked your post. I am looking forward to some more fun here :)