So my intentions are to keep The Friday Five short and sweet, but who knows and here goes. That. Totally. Rhymed.
A list of five things that I should be doing right this very minute instead of of writing this. (To all the twelves of my readers out there, you are welcome)
1. I should be packing. The fam will be taking a vacation to the wonderful and cooler (in temperature only) Pacific Northwest where we will be spending a relaxing and somewhat deserved vacation. I've already informed my boss that I've booked our trip on his credit card. He thinks I'm joking. He'll be in Europe so I doubt he'll notice the charges for a while. The time difference between the States and Germany is something like a week long isn't it?
2. I should be catching up on the backlog of recorded programs on TIVO. Now this might seem trivial to most of you, but anyone that knows me (Julee), knows that I am dead serious about my TIVO schedule. You might say, "I just don't have time to watch television". Mkay. Totally not buying it. Television watching is just like working out. You have to MAKE time to do it. It's a commitment, folks. Discipline yourselves.
I just want to clarify that I'm not one of those people who lies around on the couch to watch whatever on television. I'm really not. Well, maybe just a little. I'm not anal about too many things, but lax television habits in my house don't happen often.
Although, who doesn't love it when you just stumble across a good movie on cable? Then you check the listings and an even EVEN BETTER movie is on next! Should we go for three? Bingo and it's your lucky day. It's NOT Shawshank Redemption so you're sticking around.
Let me further clarify. There's nothing wrong with Shawshank Redemption, but seriously, TBS, find something else to broadcast.
3. I should be learning the proper use of parenthesis. (Yes), I (should).
4. I should be thinking of something really funny to wrap this pathetic list up for item number five.
5. I shood run this list through spell checker.
*NOTE* Next week posts about the kiddies shall return. They've been boring for the past week or so. There's only so much motivation you can give a toddler and an infant without breaking the bank or your back.