August 30, 2008

Cleaning House A Bit: Webby Things

Today I'm just doing that lazy blogger thing by just pointing you to other sites and cleaning house here a bit. Here goes.

On the days that I'm in the office, without fail (read: sometimes), I have a very set routine when I get to my desk. The first thing I do is remove the used coffee or soda cup from the random co-worker who used my mac while I worked from home. I'm over being bothered by it. It happens every day. Next, the girls and I say our 'good mornings' and download to each other what each of us did or didn't do the night before. I check voicemail and email, and say a little silent prayer to myself that the copier won't give me fits that day.

The next thing I do? I open this little number up below and watch it. Julee sent this dancing trombone guy over to me over six years ago and I've watched it so, so many times. My favorite "move" he does is right around the 1:00 minute mark.







I recently stumbled across cake wrecks. Why haven't I heard of this deliciously awesome site before? Perhaps my mild obsession with it for the past 18 hours is the reason my house remains unvacuumed, my comments on your site have been fewer and far between, my laundry remains in a pile in the corner and my children remain unfed? Okay, so that last one isn't true. It combines my two favorite things at this moment, foodie blogs and humor. Who could ask for more?

Lastly, I love, love these someecard thingys. They're slightly offending, which is something I'm totally about. Here's a few that I recently downloaded. The Hall and Oates one is fitting because...well, when is Hall and Oates not fitting? And the sense of humor one is for Jeremy, to remind him of our on-going private joke about how he thinks he's funnier than I am. Actually, he's probably right.

8 comments:

Captain Dumbass said...

You have a Mac at work? I'm so jealous. Well, actually not anymore, but yesterday, SO jealous.

Tuba guy is fantastic. Do you dance with him?

Oates to my Hall, that's beautiful. Now I have to put on some Hall & Oates.

Putz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maggie, Dammit said...

That video was AWESOME. How have I never seen that before?

Anonymous said...

I love that video. Classic!

And cake wrecks? So freaking funny. I crack up every time I think of the chinese lotus foot cake. How could anyone eat THAT?

Glad I finally came over here to check you out.

JuleeSLC said...

Oh how I love the trombone guy.

Kat said...

I love someecards! My good friend sent me this one on my birthday

http://www.someecards.com/upload/most_popular/todays_the_anniversary_of_you_being_expelled.html
I died laughing and have been hooked since.

Kat said...

For cripes sake the link didn't work. It says "Today's the anniversary of you being expelled from your mother's uterus"

Mama Dawg said...

That's totally the guy from America's Got Talent!!!!!!!!