July 7, 2008

Fist

This morning as I left for work, earlier than usual, I tiptoed into each of the kids' rooms to kiss them goodbye. First, I spied on Reesie as she slept, tummy down, snoring louder than even Jeremy does sometimes. I gave her a kiss on her little neck. She didn't even stir.

Then I crept into Henry's room, I brushed his hair and softly wished him to have a good day. He stirred a little bit, but didn't open his eyes or really acknowledge I was there.

I said goodbye to Jeremy, gathered my things and quietly left the house. I was down the driveway, just getting into the car when I heard what sounded like a knocking coming from one of our windows of the house. I looked up and I could see Henry's tiny little fist pounding on his bedroom window. He must have heard me talking to him after all. Aw, his sweet gesture just made my entire day.

No comments: