June 11, 2008

Domestic Violence

Readers: Judging from my last few posts, it looks like all the Glass family does is stand around and pretend to fight. This post only furthers that misconception.

Friday, I treated Henry to Kung Fu Panda. It was amazing. I highly recommend it to anyone, with the obvious exception of Ju-Lee. After the matinee, Henry was all hopped up on buttered popcorn and Reese's Pieces so he decided he would challenge me to a battle of strength and agility using only the techniques he picked up in the movie and a large cardboard box.

Here the Dragon Master salutes me before opening his tiny can of whoop-a**.


He then squares up and gives me his best "Are you ready for this?" face.


Dragon Master starts off aggressively with the Pushing Monkey move. Hi-ya.


Next it's The Crow. That. Just. Happened.

Then Crouching Tiger.


Looks like the Manster has a case of The Hidden Dragons.


I taunt him by saying that I bet he can't fight his way out of a cardboard box.


This angers The Chosen One.


More anger.


Still more anger.


Now some confusion.


Now it's fear. Oh what is wrong Little Warrior?


The Dragon Master whispers to me that he has a secret surprise for me.


As I step in closer, The Warrior prepares himself.


I steady my gaze on him now. What trickery does Tiny One have up his sleeve?

Suddenly, he breaks into familiar song..."Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!"


Everybody together now..."It wasn't really so, but it seemed to me, popcorn popping on the apricot tree!"


I never saw that coming. You know what they say...Kill 'em with kindness and confuse 'em with Primary songs. Peace Out.

No comments: