April 15, 2008

Why Eight Is So Great

So today marks the eight year anniversary of the last time Jeremy and I filed separate income tax returns as well as the day we said "I do." He's out of town and left me to fend for myself on our anniversary. His Mom said that it was too bad Jeremy was gone for our special day because she'd offer to watch the kids for a few hours so we could go out to eat. I told her that I would take her up on that even though he was out of town. I think she thought I was kidding. I have no shame in dining alone. Uninterrupted.


I thought that I would list a few things that I love about Jeremy. Then I thought I would share that list with the world and post it here on the blog. Here they go: (Lover, please don't kill me)
  1. I secretly like it when you feign interest in my interests. You're not very good at pretending to be into what I'm talking to you about, but it's cute watching you struggle to seem believable.

  2. I love that through me you experience guilty pleasures that you refuse to own up to both privately and publicly (i.e. The Hills, celebrity scandal, E! True Hollywood Stories, The New Adventures of Old Christine). Folks, he pretends to not care or watch these things, but I catch him peeking over the top of his Outdoor Life Magazine to give Spencer and Heidi dirty looks.

  3. I love that you will tell me your childhood stories to help me fall asleep. Even though I know most of them, there's still nothing like an old Morgan High Football story to get me to sleep.

  4. You try so hard to let me fall asleep first at night.

  5. You are an amazing Dad. I love that Henners thinks of you as a buddy and that you spoil Reesie to death. The kids love you and both of them get so excited to see you.

  6. I love that you will let me tease you since I didn't really get to tease anyone growing up.

  7. I love you for getting up to get me a drink late at night so I don't have to get out of bed.

  8. Thank you for always asking me if I plan on bathing or showering before you start the dishwasher. (I didn't teach him that one. He came programed!)

  9. Thank you for allowing me to have "me" time when I need it.

  10. I love you pretend to believe me when I claim that my new looking shoes are "really something I've had for ages." I promise you, these shoes are so not new.
I love you, Jeremy. So while you're meeting with Doctors and walking the streets of Moab with your boss (have fun with that), I will hold our children and think about you. I will then tell them one of your high school stories in hopes that it lulls them to sleep.

No comments: